Monday, June 17, 2013

Confessions of a mad fat woman!

Who hasn't seen a girl in the gym and thought, "She makes me ill." Lean, hair in a pony, no make up and she still looks like she could be on the cover of a magazine.

Does she really make you "ill"? I have had quite a few of those experiences and found myself watching them while I was doing my workout.  Normally they are running while I am on the elliptical or the bike and let me be honest.  There were time when everything about them seemed to annoy me.

"Look at her dressed up in her Nike gear just to impress the men at the gym"
"Why is her behind shaking when she's walking"
"She doesn't even need to be here"

Have you ever just been doing something and thought, "Holy crap, there is nothing wrong with that girl other than the fact I envy her." I realized that and the fact that people who are fit go through judgement just as we obese people do.


Quite honestly if I could I WOULD be wearing the cute Nike gear to the gym and not to impress the male population but to show off my hard work because let me just tell you weight loss is NOT easy. Further,  just because a person is thin doesn't mean they are fit and everyone deserves to be fit.

It is crazy what enters our minds and how we feel we are entitled to just slap a label on anything that we have a strong feeling for or against.  Yes while it is human nature it doesn't make it right.

I think using my own advice is pertinent here.
"Worry about the dirt on your own back porch."
I think if we all stopped worrying about our own problems we wouldn't have as many problems.  Think about it....What issues are NOT caused by others sticking their noses where they do not belong?

In regards to my personal thoughts I realized that I shouldn't be worried about anyone else in that gym.  The moment I realized my thought I was completely disgusted with myself. I needed to focus on why I was there.  I wasn't there for anyone else but myself. No one else what the reason I was there other than myself.  It wasn't their faults I had spent years of my life abusing my body by stuffing my face with garbage.


 


2 comments:

  1. I belive one day you will wear nice Nike gear. Your hard work leds to success and success is to celebrate! ;) (maybe with new fitness outfit, hehe)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww Thank you Manca. I may just go buy one at 50 pounds to hang in my room for inspiration :))
    I mean yes I am 39 but if I work hard enough to fit my behind in it. I am going to wear it ;)

    ReplyDelete

Coming soon