Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Come on Endorphins!

 I didn't really feel like going to the gym today even when I got there.  I just wanted to turn around and go back home and lay in bed and read.  It is so hard in the beginning because it takes weeks to notice a real difference.  I saw a fact tweet about weight loss. I went something like; it takes 4 weeks for you to notice a difference, 8 weeks for your close friends and family to notice, and 12 weeks for the rest of the world.  I don't know about you but 4 weeks seems like FOREVER!  I know that my will power is amazing right now.  The mystery is always how a person is going to feel 2-3-4-6 weeks out.  I just know that being responsible to everyone is a huge help.  I like a challenge.

Thankfully, after about 10 minutes on the treadmill I was able to feel my body working.  I am not sure if anyone knows but there is an actual endorphins released by the pituitary gland while you are working out that makes you feel...."Alive!!"  This endorphin and the feeling it produces is why some people do become addicted to exercise.  I can tell you 4 years ago I was in that very position. I hope for that to kick in here soon lol.   :))

Today's workout:  32 minutes on the treadmill (intervals of inclines), 20 minutes on a recline bike (not sure if that is the official name)(This is a good one to do if your back starts hurting, 10 minutes elliptical.  Total workout:  62 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment

Coming soon