Friday, February 2, 2018

Checking in

I recently started working on my home office now that I have 2 bedrooms that are empty.  I am not 100% sure if I will do weekly videos or if I will lean toward mainly blogging.  I quite enjoy writing.  Now, I have said many times before, I will never be a technical writer.  So the grammar nazi's may want to refrain from reading any further.  Don't say I didn't warn ya.
I personally enjoy a style called "free writing".  I spent enough time slaving over APA papers in college. I have no plans to be an author and even if I did, there are editors that I would gladly keep in business to make it "pretty" for me.
What is free writing?
"Free writing enables the writer to get past the conventional frame of work because it allows ideas to flow from the mind to the pen. In freewriting there are no walls or boundaries to cast a grammatical shadow on the writer."
Okay so back to the "checking in"...
I am sure that many think I have fallen off the face of the earth and gained all my weight back.  I just wanted to let you all know, I am here and I am still fighting.
I have had some pretty major changes occur in my life.  Some for the better, and some that were quite scary.
I had surgery in September that sidelined me from the gym for the better part of nearly two months. The thing is that when I was released to go back to the gym, I didn't, not like I had been going.  I did however continue to watch my diet.
I did research and tried "The Keto diet", and it did not work for me.  I ended up in the hospital with elevated Lipase levels and a mild case of pancreatitis.  I will write more about that experience in a later blog.
Currently, I am holding steady at 192.1 and I have recently started back at the gym 3-4 days a week. I have gone from a size 28 pant to a size 14.  My total loss to date is 125 pounds.
I cannot tell you the personal growth that I have experienced in 2017. I look forward to sharing my experiences with you.  Never EVER forget that there is no deadline for finding yourself and making yourself a priority.  You will lose some as you go through this transformation and that is okay.  Every person has their own path to follow.  The only thing you can do is wish them well and pray they are happy.


  1. https://www.lynchburg.edu/academics/writing-center/wilmer-writing-center-online-writing-lab/drafting-a-document/freewriting/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Coming soon