Saturday, December 28, 2013

The pain is real!




     I woke up and the first thing I noticed is I am SORE! Woo hoooo!  You here a lot of people say they do not want to work out because they do not want to hurt the next day.  You should WANT to be sore the next day.  It shows what you are doing is working! 

     Do you want to know how it works? When you work out little tiny tips in your muscles occur. Yep and that is why you are sore. When they repair more muscle. 

     If I could give you any type of advice to ease this it would be pay attention to your diet and make sure you are getting enough protein. Make sure you are getting enough sleep.  Also allow your body time to heal. Now I do cardio almost everyday. I love it but I do allow a few days in between working a particular muscle group with weights. I also take a multi vitamin oak everyday. If you are extremely sore heat and ice work. There has also been a few instances with my hip since I started running that I've had to take ibprophen. I prefer to take that because it helps with inflammation.  I would not recommend you take it unless you honestly need it. It takes an affect on your liver if you take too much. 

     I prefer to just enjoy the soreness and allow it to remind me that I got off my behind and took another step closer to my goal. Trust me it isn't easy to get up everyday and go to the gym. But I finally realize I'm worth it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Coming soon